Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Thankful Day 24 & 25: Jake & Bobbie Kaufman

This time of recognizing people in my life that I'm thankful for has truly been a blessing to me, and I hope it's been a blessing to you!

The next two people I'm thankful for are: Jake & Bobbie Kaufman

Jake, thank you for being such an awesome professor and mentor during those 4 years. Thank you for pushing me to grow and seeing potential in me. You challenged me, and although at times I felt like I was getting no where, I can look back and see major improvements over my time at Central. I appreciate having the opportunity to grow in musical skills, leadership, and creativity. Thank you for your investment in my life not only as a musician/student, but as a person. I enjoyed all of the conversations and coffee consumption that happened.

Bobbie, I remember you being my first admissions counselor and helping me get my application in as a junior. I was later excited to find out you were my RD! I really enjoyed having you as an RD that first year. It was a crazy year, and a lot of fun things happened. I also enjoyed getting to know you & your family over the next few years as I got to spend time with you and the girls and have some good conversation. Thank you for all of the advice and guidance as I became a mother and wanted to give a go at the cloth diapering fiasco (it's been great by the way!) One piece of advice you gave me, that I remind myself of often, is to not try to do everything but to start with one thing. We were talking about trying DIY/natural things at home, but it applies to so many things in my life!

Thank you both for being a part of my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment