Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Thankful Days…. 14, 15, 16, 17: Chad Geiger, Tim Greenawalt, Talena Greenawalt, Jamie Sparks

WOW I got way off track. I don't even know what happened… Sorry everyone! I'm catching up right now though!

#14: Chad Geiger, high school friend, gymnastics bud, yearbook pals & super awesome dancer

Thanks for being a great friend and example! I remember getting to know you freshman year in yearbook class. I was just beginning to become serious in my faith, & it was encouraging to know another person very strong in their faith. I enjoyed talking about music with you, and just being crazy and goofy with you.

We had a lot of fun hanging out! I love your sense of humor and energy, it's contagious!

#15: Tim Greenawalt, pastor, guitar teacher, 2nd dad

Thank you for always being there for me and being someone I could trust. I really appreciated learning to play guitar from you. You encouraged me and gave me opportunities to grow by allowing me to play on the worship team and to share songs I've written.

I learned a lot watching you love and serve others. You have the quiet demeanor of a servant heart, and I often saw you serving in humility. Thank you for that.

#16: Talena Greenawalt, children's director, musical karaoke box, 2nd mom

Thanks for being a fun and real woman in my life. You can make anyone laugh, but you also have a serious and direct approach to things. Thank you for being someone who will tell people when they are wrong and need to straighten their act up (which you did for me many times). You also encouraged me and saw potential in me, so you held higher expectations of me. Again, thank you!

I appreciate your ability to love and serve in children's ministry through your creativity. You always wrote really awesome Christmas plays and I think our VBS's were always the best in implementation and decoration. =)

#17: Jamie Sparks, RD, mentor and wonderful friend

Thank you for pouring into my life in so many ways! I had such a great time having you as an RD, so many dorm memories! I greatly enjoyed our deep and real conversations over the years. It was always helpful to have someone listen as well as speak truth and life into me. I have greatly appreciated our friendship! The laughs, the tears, the honesty, the good food and movies.

You are such a beautiful, loving woman of God. You have a huge heart for others. You're also a woman who has shown me what it's like to be honest and direct with others in the most loving way. Thank you for being an influential part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment