Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Thankful Day 20 & 21: Derek & Liz Shore

I started this Saturday… so here it is!
Last night (Friday) we had the privilege of sharing dinner with our pastor, Derek Shore & his beautiful wife, Liz. Although Joshua already expressed our thankfulness for them at dinner, I wanted to share some of my own thoughts =)

Derek, thank you for your commitment to the gospel of Christ. The Kingdom of God is at hand and that changes everything. Thank you for encouraging Joshua & I, as we have sought to participate with & serve this local body. It's awesome to see the way you care for and serve others. If you're not able to help someone directly you often know of someone who can and will help direct the need so it gets met. I appreciate your honesty, passion and good humor.

Liz, you've been such a blessing to us! We appreciate the ways you've taken care of us like your own children, even buying us pajamas for the year we spent Christmas with your family (and for allowing us to even participate in family events!) It's such a blessing to have a Wichita family and begin to make this our home. We know that you and your family are there for us. You have such a beautiful heart for others, I love how much fun you have and how loving you are. You especially have a way with children.

I love you both and your awesome family! Thank you for including me and mine into yours =)

No comments:

Post a Comment