Sunday, November 1, 2015

My Thankful Day 1: Mom

This month is a month of Thanksgiving. After reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (If you haven't read it... read it please!) my view of thanksgiving, or eucharisteo, has been enriched so beautifully. I made it a goal of mine to also list one thousand gifts over the next year and have not been so successful at keeping up with it... however I am often reminded of blessings and gifts from God. I am constantly going back to this thought of giving God thanks for every little beautiful thing in my life and keeping my eyes wide open for every beautiful thing.
So, this month my goal is to choose one thing I'm thankful for each day. What better place to start than the most meaningful of all: the people in my life.
I must first focus on the person who has loved me and known me from day 1, my mom.

So mom, I'm thankful for you! Being a mother myself now, my eyes have been opened to a deeper appreciation of all that you did for me. I now know the joys and fears you must have experienced with me.


I appreciate the love and care you gave in so many ways. I specifically remember times you stayed up all night taking care of me when I was sick, and often times got sick yourself in the process. I'm thankful for the ways you sacrificially served our family through all the cooking, cleaning, taking us places, and money spent. You've always supported me in my passions and interests.

Thank you for being a great example for me to look up to and follow. I think of you often as I am now raising my own little goober =) I love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment