Friday, May 2, 2014

Story time with Joshua: Alien Towers


I must say… I have quite the creative husband. Last night we had a long late night drive into Iowa. We were on the last 1-2 hour stretch around midnight and were both feeling quite tired and having trouble staying awake (I myself dozed off here and there while Joshua drove, but felt bad and tried to stay awake with him). 
We began to see those towers with the red lights that blink in the distance and Joshua proceeded to tell a story about how they were alien towers. I started to feel like a kid (I was pretty sleepy) as I got lost in his story. He talked bout this alien from Jupiter who lassoed a rope to a rock and flung himself into space. There he drifted through space for 243 years or so until he finally came to earth and found that he liked it very much. However he began to feel quite lonely and missed his friends and family from Jupiter, so he decided that red lights were very bright and maybe if he built a tower with a bright red light his friends and family would see it and come to earth. Eventually others began to lasso their own rocks and thrust themselves into space so they could come to earth and build their own towers. They blend in quite well except they only have 3 fingers with sponges on them that help them climb things like spiders. Also you can see their towers at night. 

He told the story much better and with way more detail, but you get the idea. Our kids sure are gonna have fun with this dad =)

No comments:

Post a Comment